Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Book Review:Into the Wilderness

I really, really enjoyed this book. It was one that I couldn't put down! If you like the Outlander Series, then I think you will enjoy this one as well. Into the Wilderness is adventure and love together. Elizabeth Middleton, "twenty-nine years old and unmarried, overly educated and excessively rational" has journeyed with her brother from England to upstate New York in 1792 to live with her widowed father, a judge who owns a large tract of land he has named Paradise. Spinster Elizabeth dreams not of true love, but of starting a school to teach the white, black and Indian children who live in Paradise.  Elizabeth meets several charismatic men. Dan'l "Hawkeye" Bonner is now an elderly widower, his beloved Cora having died recently. Nathaniel, was married to a Mohican woman for several years before she died in childbirth, and several of Nathaniel's in-laws live with the men. Elizabeth also meets Richard Todd, a well-respected physician. Elizabeth soon finds herself in the middle of a situation she has not caused, but one she can directly impact. Richard wants to own the mountain that the judge owns and Nathaniel and Hawkeye live on. The judge fears Hawkeye and Nathaniel as owners and he wants to  give the property to Elizabeth if she promises to marry Richard.

 Things become very intresting from there! I highly recomend this book.
I know that there are several after this, I did read a summery of the next book and I haven't decided if I will read on. I like how this one ended and I am not so sure I want to read on when it says that the 2 main characters are not together for most of the book.
*I love Jamie and Claire from the Outlander series, but I have anxiety when they are not together*

No comments: