Monday, August 13, 2012

Avonlea Dress Form

Today I have a great project to show you! Using the new CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge I cut out this dress form in Chip board. Below you can see the my Cricut machine loaded with chipboard-note** you need the deep cut blade to cut chipboard.


I also cut out the same size dress form in the great Avonlea patten paper. I wanted to darken the stand, so I removed it from the pattern paper piece and then used a Chocolate ink page to color the bottom of the chipboard.

After I finished decorating the whole thing it was a bit heavy, so I used a bamboo skewer and hot glue to stabilize the back!


9 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

So clever! Love the way you used the new burlap ribbon. :)

Melinda A said...

Aaron:
You really caught my eye with one. I think it's the pretty paper with the burlap on the bottom. I love the look.
Excellent work!

Amy Moore said...

Your dress form is lovely. The pleated burlap and sparkles are fabulous!

Amy Pitts said...

This is SOOOOO cute! I am in love. I was just looking at this form and this paper last night. Never thought to do this. Might have to give it a try.

Linda Pekrul said...

Oh now, THIS is CUTE!!!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Nancy Ball said...

Just GORGEOUS!

Stampin n da Hood said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!
what thickness is your chipboard and did you have to do repeat cuts or just the one pass with the deep cut blade?
Thanks Aaron!

AaronB said...

I have no clue what the thickness is, It was the backing chipboard to the CTMH desk pad.
1 pass with the deep cut blade with no problems.