Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Book Review: The Language of Flowers

I really enjoyed this book, as some who is around flowers daily it was very interesting to learn about the meanings of flowers. This is the story of a young girl who has been in the foster care system her whole life, and she has issues with just about everyone and every situation. One of her foster mothers teaches her about flowers and their meanings. As she ages out of the system she finds herself homeless and jobless. She struggles with this, but finds a job in a flower shop. She helps other with her skills using the flowers meaning. Because of her past she has issues letting other people love and help her. In the end she learns to love and returns to the foster mother to live a wonderful life.

3 comments:

send flowers to usa said...

good information
i like these type of books

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

I just yesterday saw this book advertised in a magazine I was thumbing through waiting for my hairdresser! I didn't have a pencil or pen-so snapped a pic with my phone so I'd remember to check it out (literally!) Thanks for sharing it and reminding me!
Blessings, Sharon

Sheila Bennett said...

Thanks for the book reviews. I am always looking for good books to read, and have put several of your recommendations on my Hold list at the Library. Of course, I've also already ready several of the books you review and agree with your recommendation. :)