Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sing Notebook-H2H8 challenge

This week the challenge at the Heart 2 Heart blog was to create your own pattern paper or background.
I started out by pulling out a few random stamps and decided to use all of them together.
I chose to decorate a 7x7.5" spiral notebook that I picked up at the dollar tree several months ago.
The original cover was the other direction(with the spiral on the side) but when I decided to add the hanging trim I turned it the other direction. Lucky for me there are no lines in this spiral.
I added a plastic bird tag that I covered with paper, a feather and some more of that vintage music paper.
(I see a pattern here, birds and sheet music???)


Supplies from Close to My Heart-
White Daisy Cardstock
Ocean Cardstock
Inks-Bamboo, chocolate, watermelon, ocean, orange, citrus leaf and blush
Ribbon-White daisy, baby pink, chocolate and citrus leaf
Orange thread
sparkle
sticker letters
Clear Stamps-With Love, Serendipity, Smiles,Treasure life, caboodle workshop on the go stamp.
foam tape
Other-
Pink ribbon
pipe cleaners
bird tag
feather
green beaded trim




5 comments:

Jeanne said...

VERY fun idea. Love the pipe cleaner curlicues. They add a bit more whimsy to the great project you've created.

Lori said...

Love the bird and sheet music together and all the detail. Your colors work so well together.

B said...

Love, love, love it all!

Deneen said...

Great job on the notebook! I love it.

Mary said...

Such a fun, colorful project - very eclectic! Thanks for playing along with H2H!