Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Re-inkers & Plastic warp

ETA:I have an inbox full of qustions about this technique, I will try to post a video or picture tutorial this weekend for those of you wanting to know how to do it.

This week at the Heart 2 Heart blog the challenge was to make something using a technique. I had read about a project using spray mist and plastic wrap thought I would give it a try. Who know if this is what it was to look like when finished (never could find where I read about it). When I saw my results I immediately thought of alligator skin and this cute new stamp from Close to My Heart called "Your Great".
For this technique I used a piece of glossy cardstock and dropped some re-inkers randomly on the glossy cardstock(2 different colors). Next I laid the plastic wrap over the top and blended the ink. Then I left it to dry for a hour or so. I colored the alligator image with watercolor pencils and blending pen
Supplies from CTMH
Topiary cardstock
colonial white cardstock
Twilight cardstock
Twilight re-inker
Topiary re-inker
Topiary ink
Twilight ink
Clover meadow watercolor pencil
blending pen
topiary button
crochet ribbon
crystal blue waxy flax
Your great stamp set
other-
Plastic wrap

I also used this sketch from the Paper Crafts Go To Sketches magazine.

8 comments:

Warm n Wonderful said...

Cool idea, I'm going to try it out.
I did try something kind of similar a couple of years ago.
http://celebrationcards.blogspot.com/2008/08/smooch.html
Mary

Mary said...

That is a cool looking background! Even if it isn't the way it was "supposed" to look, it's awesome! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

The Closet Crafter said...

Cool card! Thanks for the instructions, I'll have to try it sometime.

Jeanne said...

Neat technique! It sure makes for a cool looking card.

Lori said...

The alligator image is so perfect with your technique.

Anonymous said...

I've done this technique by using the reinkers inside of a clear book report cover which gives a tie-dye effect but I will have to try it this way. Thanks for playing along this week with H2H!

Deneen said...

Very neat technique, great job on the card.

Nalazoo said...

How fun! I wonder....what would happen if you added just a drop or two of Create-a-Shade paint....hmmmm......going to have to try that!