Thursday, May 6, 2010

For You Mother

This week over at the Heart 2 Heart blog the challenge was to create a Mother's Day Card. I really had been wanting to use my new "Hit the Spot" Stamp set from Close to My Heart that I just had to pull it out for this card. To get the multi colored dots I just stamped the circles in grey ink (to help with the bleeding) and then used the water brush to fill them in.
I was inspired for this card by this ribbon that came off a gift not too long ago.
Supplies from Close to My Heart-
colonial white cardstock
petal ink
sweetleaf ink
twilight ink
crystal blue waxy flax
clear button
say it in style stamp set
A posey stamp set
hit the spot stamp set
other-
ribbon
thread

5 comments:

Deneen said...

So cute, I love the dots, nicely done.

Sheila H said...

Great card - so simple, yet beautiful!

Mary said...

Love the spots and the ruffled ribbon - too cool! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

Jeanne said...

So sweet! Love the dots and the bright colors as well as the ribbon treatment!

Nalazoo said...

How FUN! I love the Hit the Spot stamp set - a new favorite - so versatile! Nice job!