Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tie a ribbon around the old Oak tree

Tie a ribbon around the old oak tree is a song I think? Or maybe it's a yellow ribbon in her hair?
Anyways, I thought I was being really clever using the scallop circle as the tree and a free hand trunk.
supplies all from Close to my Heart-
Chocolate Cardstock
Sweetleaf cardstock
colonial white cardstock
pattern paper from twitterpatted
thank you stamp set
foam tape
chocolate ink
sorbet ribbon
sweetleaf ink
scallop punch


Leslie said...

Very clever indeed.

The song is: "Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'round the old Oak Tree". It's about a guy coming home from Prison.

bed frames said...

Yup! That was the song! I like that song. My mother used to play that at home!

Jeanne said...

And it was sung by Tony Orlando and Dawn. LOL I remember singing that as a youngster. Guess I'm dating myself there, huh?

Great card, Aaron. Love the circle as part of the tree and the striped background. Very cheery card!