Thursday, January 7, 2010

Way too much work for...

an envelope. Sometimes I have project ideas in my head, but they don't come out the way I had planed. Sometimes they are better others..... well let me explain.
I had this piece of fabric laying around for a while, and I really kept thinking I will use that for some thing great. The envelope in my mind was more of a fabric card keeper, meant to hold 4 or 5 cards and some envelopes. After poor planning, poor measuring and re-working it, it turned out to be an "over-the-top" envelope for just one card.
That is all that would fit, one card.


Supplies for the card- from Close to my heart:
Cocoa Cardstock
Twilight Cardstock
Felicity pattern paper
Twilight ink
Cocoa ink
Desert sand ink
clear sparkles
foam tape
Code it stamp set
Love Struck stamp set

Supplies for the envelope from Close to my Heart:
White Just blooms flower
Twilight fabric brad
Cocoa ink
Twilight Label holder
Cocoa brads
Code it stamp set
in addition:
Fabric
thread


Even more poor planning lead to having raw fabric edges on the outside. If you run into this problem yourself, use my solution-trim the edges with pinking sheers.



9 comments:

Blog Master E said...

Though it may have not gone as planned, the envelope is very pretty (as is the card). :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh it's so pretty though Aaron!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely set!

Marie said...

But it is gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous! Stunning. Amazing. I love it in case you can't tell. And I'm sure it would sell in your esty store - or save it for someone extra special :-)

Carla said...

The card & the envelope are both great!!!

Lori said...

It's beautiful...and yes a lot of work.

Sarah said...

It may have been wayyyy too much work but WOW I LOVE it. It is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

love it!
my sis is so creative.
Bev

Jeanne said...

Something SO neat looking is NOT a wasted effort, that is for sure! Love both the card AND the envelope. You might think it's too much work for a single card, but if you give it to someone, just think how super special they will feel!