Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Great Set of Cards

Hello Blog Friends!!

I am winding down for the weekend, sitting on the couch having a glass of wine and waiting for Desperate Housewives to come on.

I had such a productive weekend-I worked on and finished so many projects. I finished up 3 mini albums, 2 sets of scrapbook layouts and filmed a video! (putting the finishing touches on that and you will see it soon!)

On to the project-


I had a little inspiration-from Card Creations Start to Finish (page 9). If you don't have this one, I highly recommend it, the issue is full of great ideas.
My inspiration card is pictured here.



I made a set of 3 cards -A Thank you, Happy Birthday and Thinking of you. All 3 cards fit inside a glassine bag and closed with a clothes pin. The bag and clothes pin are inspired by one of my favorite bloggers Michelle Wooderson.

Here is a list of supplies from Close to My Heart-
Sunflower Textured Cardstock
Animal Cookie Level 2 paper collection
Animal Cookie creative basics paper collection
Holiday red brad
crotchet flower
sanding kit
dutch blue ink
Dainty thoughts stamp set
Comments stamp set
Confidential stamp set
hemp
Holiday red button

A few other supplies involved-
clothes pin
red ribbon
scallop punch
glassine bag
corner rounder








I really love this tag! I used the lined stamp from the comment collection stamped on the bottom. All closed up with a decorated clothes pin
I used a the negative of a circle for a mask to stamp the lines. Add a special sentiment and now it's a great finish (or start) to the gift.
I will have these loaded up in my Etsy store soon- you can visit it by clicking the images on the right side menu bar or going to this site. http://www.etsy.com/shop/kabrown63

Have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

You totally hit the nail on the head with this one, Aaron. This IS a great set of cards! Absolutely awesome. TFS.

Sarah said...

Ohh Aaron, these are soooo cute...and perfect with those papers!! That clothes pin is the icing on the cake.
I started an ETSY store and finally had a few sales..which was encouraging!
I can't wait to get my hands on that magazine!!!
I am right there with you having a glass (or two) of wine :0).

Sparkplug17 said...

Those are just darling!

Cheryl Even said...

I love this! The cards, tag, and clothespin are really cute, and the red brad in the middle of the white crocheted flower is really eye-catching. TFS.

Jeanne said...

Fantastic! I've not bought a card-making magazine in so long, haven't been tempted actually, until seeing this terrific post. I just might have to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

Dawn said...

Really cute!