Thursday, January 7, 2010

A few Valentine's Cards

A fair warning----I am watch football while I type this post. I can't be responsible for what I type!!!

I thought I would share a few Valentine's cards with you. Valentine's is one of my favorite holidays-it's great for everyone-school kids, husbands and wife's, and mostly us crafters.

INTERCEPTION!!!!!! Sorry-football is on, remember?


I just love this first card. I used one of my favorite techniques---clear embossing with sponging.
Here is a list of supplies from Close to My Heart-Cranberry Cardstock
Blush Cardstock
Grey Wool Cardstock
White Daisy Cardstock
Cranberry ribbon
chipboard heart
black ink
grey wool ink
cranberry ink
blush ink
February word puzzle stamp set
spot on background stamp set
versa mark ink
clear embossing powder
Other-scallop punch

Here are some simple directions for creating the look on the chipboard heart-
Stamp a pattern image on the chipboard
Sprinkle with clear embossing powder
Heat emboss
Using a a sponge add ink, blending the colors

I really love lady bugs, I think they are so cute and work for every occasion-from love to get well.(I told you I was distracted by football.....)


Here is a supply list from CTMH-
Black cardstock
White daisy cardstock
cranberry cardstock
black ink
cranberry ink
clear sparkles
foam squares
Ambiance stamp set
From Papertrey ink-
Little lady stamp set


I am almost sure that I had an inspiration for this card....I can't remember from where. (If you know leave me a comment so I can give credit)

Liquid glass is an awesome way to high light a specific section of a card. On this card I just love the way it show cases the heart in the I "heart" you.

Here is a list of supplies from Close to my Heart-
Grey wool cardstock
cranberry cardstock
baby pink cardstock
grey wool ink
baby pink ink
baby pink ribbon
liquid glass

(SACK!!!!!!!!) Sorry, I got distracted by football again!

Playful flourish stamp set
February word puzzle stamp set
Other
Scallop punch


On a final note--

I should be rooting for Texas-A big 12 team, but as a die hard Texas Tech fan I have a real hard time rooting for UT.

So..... LET's GO TIDE!!!

12 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your heart card! Super cute!

Sarah said...

That heart is super cool!!! I LOVE clear embossing with ink sponged on.
All your cards are FAB....TOUCHDOWN!

Crafty Jenn said...

I absolutely love the first card. Great work with the emboss-resist.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Anonymous said...

We moved from Alabama to Washington about 5 years ago (May 8) and of course ROLL TIDE!!!

We watched the whole game...it was awesome...oh yeah your cards are fabulous too...UNDEFEATED!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Dawn said...

Well, gorgeous cards for sure! My favorite is that stunning first one! That heart just pops!

Jeanne said...

Roll Tide Roll makes me think of a a bottle of Tide detergent rolling down a hill. LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist. I am not familiar with college football teams(which might have you throwing said Tide detergent at my head)

I absolutely ADORE your first card! That heart is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your tips. Don't get me wrong, the other cards a very nice, too, but that first one. Magnificent!

Alanna said...

All of these are so cute. I love how you did the heart on the first card.

Crystal Pledger said...

The embossed heart is awesome. I need to do that. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your chipboard heart?

tinastamps said...

Love your cards, not necessarily your choice in football teams, but your cards are great!

Tina
Hook 'Em!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.blogsplosion.com/?u=videoseambrosine3]VMCPlayer[/url] [url=http://citizenblogs.com/?u=videoseashton8]MOV Video Converter Pro[/url]
RM to AVI MPEG WMV VCD SVCD DVD Converter 5.3 1st DVD Ripper 6.1
http://www.drawingboard.org/blogs/?u=videosearlette2 Allok Video to MP4 Converter 4.7.1107
[url=http://www.blogportalen.no/blog/?u=videoseadeline6]KingConvert Zune Video Converter[/url] [url=http://www.drawingboard.org/blogs/?u=videosealex1]Brain Trainer DVD 2007[/url]
PPT To Video Scout 1.50 Apollo DVD Copy 4.8.30
http://www.blogportalen.no/blog/?u=videoseariana1 DFX Audio Enhancer 8.360 for All Players
007 DVD Creator
my icq:858499940385

buy propecia said...

this kind of topic is good for people to learn more about it, and that people should be every day less ignorant, and medicine for this is the reading of issues like this