Monday, October 26, 2009

Oh no, little squares.....

When I first looked at the sketch for this week at Unscripted Sketches I was in a slight panic.... I have the hardest times with those little squares on cards. I can never seem to figure out what to do on them. For me I always do the same thing....brads.
After I finished the card, I really like the sketch and I think it would be easy to re create over and over!
Supplies from CTMH-Unforgettable pattern paper, juniper CS, Colonial White CS, Sorbet CS, Cocoa ink, sorbet ink, sorbet brads, prisma glitter, flourish blessings stamp set



I was so worried about the little squares I forgot the right side string or ribbon embellishment-oops!

10 comments:

Penny said...

This came out beautifully! I don't like the little square cards like this because my squares never line up.

Dawnll said...

I love the colors you chose to use sweetie! Great use of the the sketch this week.Thanks for playing along with US.

kelly said...

great fall card- even with the pink!
glad to see that you joined again in the US challenges! -kelly

Kathi Carlson said...

This sketch was too much for me. Love what you did with it though! Your little squares are just right, and I love how you scored the layered piece. Great card!

Sarah said...

Awesome leaf Aaron. Love the glitter in the middle. I hate the little squares too ha ha...this was a tough sketch. I love your solution.
Thanks for playing along with us again!
Sarah M

Caryl P said...

This card turned out great! Sometimes we forget elements because they just aren't meant to be...I love it minus the string. Thanks for being Unscripted!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love your take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for playing along with US this week!

Jeanne said...

What a super card, pesky little squares and all! Love the leaf and the embossed lines on the mat. I think it looks terrific as is and didn't need a single thing more!

Crystal said...

Looks great! The brads are perfect!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

When I do challenges, I always change something. I think your card looks perfect without the other elements!!