Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Fall and 3-D felt

This week for the Unscripted Sketch card I choose to use the felt squirrel from the CTMH Wonder felt line. Be sure to check out all the entries and the design teams work for this sketch.
supplies from CTMH-Twitterpatted paper pack, Wonder felt, chocolate ink, Many thanks stamp set, sweetleaf ink
Other-scallop punch




My blog friend Kathi termed the phrase "card surgery", well for this card I preformed squirrel "amputation and reconstruction surgery"
The squirrel wasn't quite fitting on the card, so I squished him a bit, after looking at him for a few seconds I decided to remove his tail----
I then re attached it to the back of the squirrel
Tip-I used some "negative" part of the felt sheet to build up the front part of the squirrel so he would lay flat.

10 comments:

Dawn said...

How sweet! Love the dimension with the felt!

Liz said...

This is adorable..Thanks for playing

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so cute! I love the depth you created.

Sarah said...

And the squirrel never 'felt' a thing huh!! LOL..OK I am LOVING this card..super cute and a great take on this weeks sketch! Thanks so much for playing along.

Jeanne said...

I'd called the procedure a huge success! Great card!

Kelly said...

Aaron, I have admired you work for a while now through CTMH and now I get to see more of it at US! Your card is wonderful! love all of the elements (felt squirrel, the leaves and acorns - which I thought was a flower at first until i gave it a better look!)
-kelly

Crystal said...

Cute! I love your card surgery!

Unknown said...

How adorable! That felt squirrel is so cute! Great take on this weeks sketch. So glad you joined us again at US! Hope you'll play along with us again soon!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Very SWEET card.... so cute!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Those felt shapes are too fun! T love the beautiful leaves hanging above. Beth aka BR-T