So this weeks color combo over at Jeanette Lyntons Blog was a really great set of Halloween colors. My problem....I have made all the Halloween cards I need plus some that I ended up giving away. So I choose to use the colors in more of a spring (or maybe summer) project.
I created this simple post-it note holder and added some flowers to make it look like a flower pot.
Be sure to go by Jeanettes blog and check out how she used these colors for Halloween projects.
Supplies from CTMH-Orange CS, Citrus Leaf CS, White Daisy CS, Sunny yellow ink, orange ink, black ink, citrus leaf ink, autumn terracotta ink, desert sand ink, foam squares, sparkles, Enjoy the journey stamp set
other-black ribbon, post it note
I did use a little Autumn Terracotta and Desert Sand ink to distress the pot, that way it would look so "orange".
Note: these are basic and will work with any size post-it.
1. cut a piece of card stock 1" wider than your post it and 2 times plus 1" longer than your post it. (most post its are about 1/2" think, but you may need to adjust the 1" if yours is ticker or thinner)
2. Score in the middle of the long side the width of of your post it. (at this point set your post it inside and look at the bottom, decide if you need to trim you pot.)
3. Using a craft knife cut the slants on the sides of the pot. (Hint-cut the first one and use it as a pattern and the other sides will be the same size). Attach your post it with adhesive.
4. Add a piece of CS slightly longer than the sides to create the pot rim.
5. Decorate with ribbon and flowers.
(I just glued the stems of the flowers to the back of the post it holder.