Friday, August 7, 2009

Keeping with Nature

and trees for this week, I wanted to share with you a card I made special for my sister. She is so sweet and sends me a handmade card every week. I look forward to walking out to the mailbox on Wednesdays, opening the card and smiling at how creative she has gotten. I wanted to send her a little something to thank her (and ensure that I keep getting a card every week)!
I just love the look of a widely branched tree, and CTMH doesn't currently(*wink*wink*) have a stamp with that kind of tree. To overcome this I created my own by trimming thin strips of cardstock and then adding a leaf stamp. I also created a special pocket on the inside to hold the stamp gift.

Supplies from CTMH-Chocolate CS, Tinkerin pattern paper, topiary ink, twilight ink, hemp, pearl paint, tickled pink stamp set, june word puzzle stamp set
other-large eyelet


Lori said...

This is so sweet. Love the tree swing.

Leslie said...

How nice that you and your sister keep in touch by mail. I think that is a lost form of communication. Your card is great and the pocket is so clever. I might have to try that mailing cards to my family thing, except that I have 5 sisters. Maybe a different one each week. hmmm.

Marie with a :-) said...

Very creative! I think my sister Sam and I ought to "copy" you and your sister and start sending each other weekly cards. (Sam is Thanks for the inspiration.

Sarah said...

Love the little swing too!

Alanna said...

Great card. And how fun that you and your sister exchange cards. What a great mail day that must be.

Jeanne said...

What a terrific card and a wonderful tradition you have going with your sister. That swing on the tree is adorable.

Loved your previous card too...the rain looks very cool!