Monday, June 29, 2009

One lone Tree

I see them often, a lone tree in the middle of a field, and wonder "has anyone taken this trees picture?" I did an Internet search for lone tree picture, and I do believe that the worlds lone trees have been photographed. My search brought up 173 pages of pictures! (This picture came from that search, I didn't take it)
This is my card for this weeks sketch for CPS.
Supplies from CTMH-Olive CS, Colonial White CS, Chocolate CS, Olive ink, Chocolate ink, Tree tops stamp set, True Happiness stamp set, Thank you stamp set, foam squares
Other-envelope






And on a side note, I must really be in to trees! A lot of my projects lately have them on them, so beware!

10 comments:

Haley D. said...

TREE-mendous! (Sorry, couldn't resist!) I like how you used the photo as inspiration for your card.

Sarah said...

LOL @ Hayley!
But really...What an inspiration. On my nearly and hour drive to work in the early morning weekend hours I see so many of these and always wish I had my camera. So beautiful.
Your card is just PERFECT!!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling card! I love the picture too.

Sheila Bennett said...

Oh my - just love this card, it is perfect! The simple cards always seem to be my favorites.

Krista B. said...

I love your card, that tree is amazing :)

Kathi Carlson said...

My grandfather, dad, and now my brother farm in the Red River Valley, said to be some of the richest farmland in the world. While most of the trees have been cut down to make for more land, my grandfather and dad left single trees every so many acres. My late dad always told me it was so that he would have a shady spot where he could enjoy the lunches we packed and delivered to him. Long story to tell you your great card and the photograph brought back a flood of memories. Thank you!!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful picture and terrific card! I loved Kathi's comment and insight about the lone trees. Wow!

Mona Pendleton said...

I love the photo & your card! Reminds me of my hometown in Upstate NY :) TFS Mona

Dana Joy said...

Oh what a great card.

Linda said...

Wow! I love your inspiration. Trees are one of my favorite things. Your card is beautiful.