Thursday, June 18, 2009

Carmel cupcake anyone?


Well, I must be a 3 color girl. I have a hard time with color combos of 2 and 4, three just must be my thing.
This is my card for the Color Chef Challenge over at KJ's Stamp Pad. The combo is Bamboo and White. I think the cupcake paper with the scalloped edge and flower looks like a wedding cupcake, so I added best wishes to the bottom.
I stamped the icing in Bamboo ink, but it just wasn't showing up much on the bamboo cardstock. I went over it with one of my copic markers several times to make it darker. Now it looks like carmel. (Copic# E31)
Supplies from CTMH-Bamboo CS, Bamboo TCS, white daisy CS, bamboo flower, white bitty brad, Bamboo ink, Cupcake sprinkles stamp set, Dainty thoughts stamp set
Other-scallop punch, hole punch, copic marker

9 comments:

Jenn said...

You did a great job with the color combo, it looks delish! lol

The little bow and flower accent adds the perfect touch too!

Penny said...

I love the bow and flower

Crafty Texan said...

Love your creations! Thank you so much for your comment, you have been an inspiration to me for so long. I left you a gift on my blog. :)

Sarah said...

This is just too cute!!! Caramel cupcake...YUM!

Jeanne said...

Looks yummy enough to eat! LOL

I love that ribbon and flower, too, as well as the punched border. You have an eye for great details.

Unknown said...

I love your work! I left you a little treat over at my blog at www.clearlystamping.blogspot.com.

Cheryl Even said...

I just love your artwork. Totally inspiring! I left you something on my blog http://evenmorescrapping.blogspot.com/. Cheryl

Unknown said...

love it! Glad the two color combo didn't scare you away :)

Unknown said...

YUMMY card! Blessings, Kim XXX