Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spring Fling Challenge

Over at Nichole Heady's Blog is the Sr. Design Teams Spring Fling Challenge. This is my card for her challenge. I soon as I saw the image chosen by Becky, I fell in love with the colors. I knew that I wanted to use that spotted pillow as my inspiration.
Since I have been so Tea obsessed lately I bought myself the Papertrey Tea for Two set. I haven't had time to use it until now.
I really wanted my tea pot image to have a think glossy look like a real tea pot, but it doesn't show well in the picture. I used clear embossing powder to give the pot a glossy effect, and I layered the powder about 5 times to get it thick.



Supplies from CTMH-Black CS, White Daisy CS, Buttercup CS, Black ink, Tulip ink, buttercup ink, Olive ink, Olive ribbon, Clear embossing powder, Tickled pink stamp set.
Other-Tea for Two stamp set from Papertrey ink, Take a bough stamp set
Today is National Scrapbook Day, and I am spending the day with good friend doing just that! I hope you are scrapbooking as well! Happy Scrapbook Day and Have a great weekend--

8 comments:

A Craftaholic's World said...

Your card is very pretty! I love the colors! keep up the good work! You are a inspiration

Sarah said...

WOW you nailed the colors...I love the ripped CS with the sentiment. Great card!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love all of your dots and the ripped paper details! Super job on the spring fling challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Helen F. said...

WOWOW! Your colors are a PERFECT match on this Spring Fling Challenge. Such a fun, cheery card!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love this! Super job with colour, shapes and all of your special details!

Julia Aston said...

Love your dots bg on this pretty card!

Sparkplug17 said...

How fun! I love the polka dots.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Love the card - it does look like your "inspiration"! Hope you're back soon -