Thursday, July 17, 2008

My thoughts....

As some of you may or may not know, I discovered late last week that someone was using my exact projects for personal gain. It's very hard to know how to feel, or what to say.

I love to create items and even more, I love to share them. Knowing that some one gets inspiration from me or can use one of my templates to make a fabulous project makes me very happy. :) Imitation is the best form of flattery.


On the other hand, knowing that someone has made an exact copy of my item and sold it, makes me very sad. With that being said you can understand why I have been a little guarded with the template for the watermelon project this week. After much thought, I decided that I made that to share and I want anyone who wants it to use it as they wish.


Someone with a little more computer knowledge than me will be by shortly to fix the template on the original post(I hope!)


With that being said,things will continue on as before.....

I wish this card had photographed a little better, there is glitter on the butterfly.

Supplies CTMH-Vineyard berry CS, Dutchblue TCS, Sweetleaf TCS, Vineyard berry ink, May word puzzle stamp set, Say it with Style stamp set, sanding kit, stylus, dutch blue rhinestones, prisma glitter.

11 comments:

Shan said...

WoW! Now you, I just came from Kathi's blog and was blown away. I'm so sorry this happened and I hoped you confronted them.I think you and Kathi are beyond generous and two of my favorite sites and I'm glad that you both will continue to blog. :) Love the card by the way. ~Shannon

Stephanie said...

thanks for your generosity in sharing your talent and creativity to those of us less well-endowed.
keep up the gorgeous work!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that this has happened to you, I hope you continue to share with us all. Especially the pre-made kits. These are my fav's for my own use, and I struggle to make my own without you. You do have such great ideas. Don't let this get you down ;)Thanks for all you do.

Bettye

scrappygurl said...

I love your site, I love your technique and I love your creativity, please don't stop!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love how you thought "outside the box" with the flower petals from that set

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that someone had taken your idea and sold it. On the other hand, it's times like this that show how great of a person you are to continue to provide templates and artwork for those who, like me, just cannot come up with such great creative ideas. I hope this doesnt discourage you because I absolutely LOVE your site!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

I feel for you, I do creative things, not scrap booking, but I do craft shows and boutiques and it bothers me that people don't come to buy, rather they come to "get ideas"! I guess we all know a little how those artists feel when we down load their songs and copy thier albums!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this! People just don't seem to care about others in this world anymore. I personally love the creative ideas that you share with us and I would never copy but maybe take what you do and do it my own way. You always give me great ideas! I hope this "person" realizes what they did was so wrong and formally apologizes and reimburses you the money that should be YOURS! Good luck! Thanks for sharing your lovely creations with the rest of us in the crafty world.

Pamela OConnor said...

This card is awesome! Thank you for sharing so freely. Sweet blessings, Pamela

Anonymous said...

I am a lurker who has used one of your projects... the mini book with the creative basics, 3 times now as a little present. We all know how long it takes to come up with something original and how fast it goes when you can copy somebody else. Thanks for sharing your time with us so our projects go faster. I'm sorry somebody stole your ideas for profit.

Beth

Wendy Taylor said...

Darn people anyway! ;-) I'm also glad that you haven't decided to stop posting - your ideas are fabulous - I'm new to your site and I just love it! I love looking at your cards which inspires me on ideas for my own. I find it interesting someone copied exactly and sold them - shame ont hem - I have a hard time copying my OWN things exactly for card swaps! ;-) Anyway - praise for your creative talent and for keeping your website up so fabulously!!!
:-)