Monday, July 28, 2008

Lunch with a Soldier and Cards for a Sketch




Here are my cards for this weeks CPS sketch. I am not 100% happy with these card, I do love the random stamped CS and the colors, but for some reason I found the sketch hard.
Supplies from CTMH-Colonial White CS, Hollyhock CS, OLive CS, pattern paper from Boom-di-ada, Olive Ink, Hollyhock Ink, Buttercup Ink, rhinestone flowers, Fun Times stamp set, Cottage Floral Stamp set
Other-pink ribbon
I had lunch with Cody(the Army Soldier that we have been sending cards to) today! We had a really nice time, and he was so thankful for what we have been doing. I will say that I didn't understand 90% of what he was talking about. I think I might need a translator- "0900" "rack"
"POD's" and yada yada yada- I will have to have Charlie tell me what we talked about.
Anyway, I asked Cody what he wanted, and he likes to be surprised. He did mention that they enjoy the magazines, they read them while they are on watch. (I thought this was odd, but maybe it's one of those "code words"). His tour in Iraq ends in November, and I know his parents will be glad to have him back home for good. So if you would like to help out with cards for the troops email me at kabrown63@hotmail.com
I leave in the morning for Convention, I plan on posting with all the yummy details while I am gone. I hope I can get pictures on here from the hotel room computer. So check back often.

No comments: