Saturday, July 26, 2008

Card sketch and embossing


Here is the sketch from CPS.
If you notice, I made a mistake on the sketch. I had looked at the pattern early in the week, and when I made the card last night I did it from memory. My memory must be slipping, I put the 2 small squares on the left.
I tried out some embossing powders for the flowers on this card. I have never been much into embossing, just because I haven't figured out how to get all the loose powder off. I will say that I had better luck with removing it this time. I used a small paint brush. If you know any tips let me know-
Supplies from CTMH-Olive CS, Desert Sand CS, Colonial white CS, Olive Ink, Desert Sand ink, stylus, Treasured life stamp set, Pansy Purple embossing powder, watermark stamp pad, Pattern paper from Enchanted
Other-ribbon, and leaf punch

4 comments:

belle d. said...

whether you made a mistake or not, aaron, the card is truly lovely! i love the colors and the sentiment!
i know i've been absent from posting comments for a while, but i'm back~ and...i've nominated your blog for the award spoken of on my blog. have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love this card, what a great effect. Some craft stores sell a little fabric bag that you tap your paper with before you stamp/emboss. That really helps. I also you little brushes to clean up the areas. I find that the dollar store makeup brushes have the perfect range in sizes for this

Anonymous said...

Your card is lovely! I love that purple!

Rub your paper with a dryer sheet before. Then the powder should only stick to the ink.

I got the brown liquid applique from allthatscraps.com. It comes in a few other colors too, like red, pink, yellow, blue, black and green. At Joanns in the puffy paint section, they usually have a few different colors of liquid applique too.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow, all your cards are amazing! You are definitely going on by Rooms with a View list! BR-T